BSL Events at Belfast International Arts Festival October 2023
From fascinating talks, to thrilling theatre and captivating dance, there’s something for everyone in our programme of accessible events at Belfast International Arts Festival!
BSL Interpreted Events:
- Gary Younge | Tuesday 17th October | 7:00pm | Ulster University
For the last three decades Gary Younge has had a ringside seat during the biggest events and with the most significant personalities to impact the black diaspora. He has witnessed how much change is possible and the power of systems to thwart those aspirations.
- King | Saturday 28th October | 7:45pm | The MAC | 14+
From award winning theatre company comes King, which follows Luther, a man from Cork who only leaves his apartment for essential journeys and to perform as an Elvis impersonator. It explores prejudice, privilege and resilience as Luther struggles to live life to the full.
- Burnt Out | Thursday 2nd November | 7:30pm | Lyric Theatre
Burnt Out by Gary Mitchell reveals the darker side of suburban life in Belfast in this new black comedy.
· Nicholas McCarthy on Leadership & the Key to Success | Thursday 19th October | Ulster University, Lecture Theatre 2
· AI & Creativity | Saturday 28th October | 3:00pm | Ulster University, Lecture Theatre 2
· Burnt Out | Tuesday 31st October | 7:30pm | Lyric Theatre
· Claire Kilroy and Mike McCormack | Thursday 2nd November | 7:00pm | Crescent Arts Centre
· Ellipses | Sunday 5th November | 7:30pm | Duncairn Arts Centre
· BIND | available online via Brick Moon digital platform
· David GauZ’ and David Foenkinos | available online via Brick Moon digital platform
For more information, and to see our full programme of accessible events, please visit our ‘Access’ page on our website: https://belfastinternationalartsfestival.com/2023-festival/accessibility-information/.